When faced with slow or clogged drains, many homeowners reach for a bottle of chemical drain cleaner. However, these products can actually damage the pipes they’re meant to clean. A better solution is to call a professional. Here are five reasons to call a residential plumber for drain cleaning services.
- To get rid of foul odours. Even if a drain is flowing freely, bad smells coming from your pipes can indicate that something is clogging your drain. The odour is most likely caused by rotting food, but it could also be due to a more serious problem. A plumber will be able to find the cause of the smell and eliminate it easily.
- To speed up slow drains. Clogged drains can happen gradually, with debris simply slowing the speed at which water leaves the sink, shower or tub. Fixing a slow drain before it gets completely blocked can save you from having to call an emergency plumber at an inopportune time.
- To get rid of clogs. If a slow drain has become completely blocked, our plumbers will use electric drain augers to safely remove whatever’s clogging the pipe.
- To identify larger issues. While a clogged drain is usually not a big deal, it can also be a sign of a larger issue. For example, there may be a problem with your main sewer line, or it could mean tree roots have begun damaging your pipes. A plumber can spot these and other issues and fix them before they turn into big problems.
- To prevent future problems. Even if your drains are working fine, it’s a good idea to have them checked and cleaned regularly. Preventive maintenance will ensure that you never have any unexpected plumbing problems and also keep your pipes in good shape.
Residential and commercial plumber in Hamilton
If you suspect your drains could use some attention, call Pitton Plumbing & Heating to have them inspected and cleaned. To prevent future problems, ask about our preventive maintenance contracts. Our plumber will make a recommendation for how often you should have your drains cleaned and give our dispatch team will add you to our maintenance schedule.
With this service, you’ll never need to call an emergency plumber to deal with a drain issue again. Call us today for help with any drain issues or to learn more about our maintenance contracts.